Everybody’s been on the lookout for the fountain of youth ever since the dawn of humanity. In our time, we call it science but, as it turns out, even science, as yet, cannot solve the age-old wish of many to stay forever 21.
Deepest, Darkest Secrets: The Top Things You Want To Know About Your Anti Wrinkle Cream
Think you’re ready for an anti-aging cream? Don’t go off looking for your newest beauty bottle without consulting the best anti wrinkle cream reviews, and don’t start your search without reading these staggering facts about anti-wrinkle creams that you need to know right now:
1. Anti-Aging Creams are not regulated. No matter how scientific the technologies being shown you might sound, anti-aging creams do not require approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) because these are generally classified as cosmetics. Although recently, with all the claims being made about serums and creams able to influence certain physiological and biochemical promises in the body, such as raising the levels of collagen production, the FDA has issued a warning to several companies to retract such claims or else be required to submit to a rigorous test and approval process by the FDA and become reclassified as drugs.
2. Most products that claim to give you anti-aging benefits are just a made of a mix of moisturizers. Believe it or not, most anti-aging creams and serums are no different than your very basic moisturizer — except for the price tag, that is. In general, anti-aging creams sell at higher claims because of being labeled as such and, basic moisturizers for fewer dollars.
To avoid being duped, the only acceptable solution is that you should be able to read and understand what’s on the label. Don’t worry because you don’t need to be seasoned to know the difference. All you need is familiarity.
3. You should pay closer attention to the packaging and user instructions. These are two aspects of products, anti-aging or not, that we all love to forget about but, when it comes to anti-aging products, you should read and follow these down to the tee. Packaging is important because many anti-aging components break down easily when exposed to the air, heat, and sunlight, that includes the highly coveted Vitamin A and its derivatives. That is exactly the reason why products that contain Vitamin A must never be applied during the day.
As for instructions, take note that anti-aging creams have active ingredients that are designed to stimulate your skin, and so that your skin may respond back. Too much or too little of it will affect how it impacts your skin.
4. The anti-aging function is, realistically speaking, more of a preventive rather than a corrective function. Even the most potent anti-aging products will hardly make any significant improvement to your wrinkles and other signs of skin aging. However, you can make a lot of difference using these products as part of a more robust preventive strategy to delay aging.
That’s why, in an anti-aging cream, you need to look for ingredients that help restore your skin’s healthy state to make it sufficiently competent to power up natural healing and rejuvenating mechanisms. You should look for ceramides which help restore moisture and prevent infections by improving the skin barrier, peptides which speed up cellular level mechanisms to make regeneration happen sooner, and antioxidants which neutralize damaging free radicals.
5. Anti-Wrinkle Creams contain some of the most toxic ingredients. The product that is supposed to bring back your skin’s health, vitality, and youthfulness, can, in fact, hurt it even more. Some of the most toxic ingredients, including the neurotoxin, Phenoxyethanol, potentially carcinogenic BHA, BHT and PEG, and permanently damaging and severely irritating chlorphenesin, denatured alcohol, and benzyl salicylate, are all commonly found in anti-aging product formulations. Remember that the anti-aging superstar, Vitamin A itself and its derivatives have a photosensitizing effect on your skin.
6. The Anti-Aging industry is fueled by unsatisfied consumer appetite. The industry is projected to be worth a trillion dollars by 2020. That’s why a lot of companies are attempting to carve out their own unique niche in this industry. That means you can expect more deception than science.
There’s more to beauty than meets the eye. Actress and model, Zoe Kravitz, knows that. She said, “Beauty is when you can appreciate yourself. When you love yourself, that’s when you’re most beautiful.”